The snow is falling outside, but tomorrow we are forecast sun, so you know it must be April! And April weather means April clothing. Today that means for me buying wellies. Not the most exciting of topics, I know but I have bought and been given so many pairs in the last five years and they were all different. Some were good, some (that I bought!) were duds. So here are five tips if you are buying some wellies this month:
- Price is not always the best indicator. My favorite wellies were the cheapest and were bought as a panic buy in a supermarket in England when we were out walking with Big L in sandals one day.
- BUT saying that, the second cheapest ones I have are the worst. They are really bulky and heavy and this is rubbish for kids. They looked nice and sturdy, but she can barely walk in them without losing them. You want stability, but light-weight, which sometimes can cost more.
- Warmer inserts help a lot. In the pairs I bought from Tchibo, warm inserts were included and these are great when it is still pretty cold outside, but can be removed when it gets warmer.
- Detail – you don’t always need to look like a farmer in your wellies, especially if your outdoor girl also likes to be a princess. I love the bows on these wellies.
- Toggles – They can be useful for little ones who don’t like the feeling of „slopping around“ in their wellies. It can also keep some of the water out if they jump into an ankle deep puddle, but will not help you if they jump into a pond (speaking from experience).
My Current Favorites:
Thank you for visiting us! We’d be happy to welcome you to our Facebook page www.facebook.com/mamachicde where you can „like“ us and see more of what we are doing 🙂