I have sensitive skin. It reacts to heat, cold, sunlight, snow, spicy food, stress and not enough sleep. So pretty much everyday it has something to moan (turn red) about. I had a cancerous mole removed two years ago and have had regular skincare check-ups since then (that alone deserves another post!). These are the reasons that I like skincare products with fewer ingredients in them, and the main reason I found Weleda.
I was recently chosen to test an almond cream from Weleda and I am eagerly awaiting its arrival in the post. It will join my other Weleda products on my bathroom shelf and the children’s products on the changing table and my changing bag.
Here are eight reason why I think Weleda deserve a mention of their own:
- They are not trying to rip you off with clever marketing and promises that play to your fears. Most products from Weleda cost around 10 pounds, which is more than you pay for a supermarket brand, but the quality is well worth it.
- Weleda is a holistic company which means their products should be good for your whole well-being and not just work superficially. This six week program to encourage general wellness and wellbeing demonstrates this well.
- They are more than organic, they are bio-dynamic which works with partners to ensure that their products are produced in a way that helps nature and not plunder it.
- The products are completely natural and you can find a list of each ingredient on their website.
- People who work for the company or supply them with an ingredient are also cared for and treated well, so your conscience can rest easy here too.
- The products smell lovely and are nicely packaged. Superficial? Yes, but still an important part of the overall impression for me.
- They also make homeopathic medicine, for example these products for women’s health.
- Even if you do not support „Anthroposophy“ (read about it on wikipedia here), Weleda’s roots lie firmly in believing in that the body, mind and soul are connected with nature too and they work this into their products to bring out natural beauty rather than masking it or slathering it in make-up.
„Weleda’s philosophy is that growing older is natural – we don’t want to stop it and we don’t want to make anyone younger. Instead, we want our customers to feel right and look good by encouraging inner beauty to shine through at every stage of life. Radiance from the inside out is very important to us“. (http://www.weleda.co.uk/natural-beauty/life-seasons/page/life-seasons)
My three favorite Weleda products: